We're Not Addicts; We're HBWSSMPTTDKHTEFIETTPBs

ADD is a result of trauma.

Image result for gabor mate photoThat's the premise of Dr. Gabor Mate. (Add a ' over the e; I don't know how on my keyboard. It's pronounced Mattay)

Today I want to shepherd y'all to his Youtube piece on addiction. It's insightful and interesting. On the downside, it lasts an hour. I listened while I worked out on my exercise bike. Maybe you can simply prop up your footrest and listen. Taking your PC outdoors on a warm spring day seems appealing. However you choose you will find it worthwhile.

He covers a variety of topics related to the psychology of addiction and the impacts of trauma on our lives. That's the reason for the lead sentence above. Take a listen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07nOScAHnXI.

A wish he expressed was to have everyone who ever uses the word "addict" to instead say, "a human being who suffered so much pain that they didn't know how to escape from it except through this particular behavior. That would change the conversation. It also would be very accurate."

Great, but even the acronym would too long: HBWSSMPTTDKHTEFIETTPB.

Comments