...Lead Me Not Into Temptation

A week after I left a residential treatment program for addicts, I attended my niece's wedding outdoors. It was an ideal day for it. Nearby was a tent covering tables, a buffet, and a well-stocked bar.

Woman, Despair, Alcohol, Bottle, GlassIt didn't bother me. I wasn't tempted to sneak a drink, although I probably would have tried if I weren't fresh off an intensive program.

I suppose you have found yourself in a similar situation if you are trying to stay sober. If not, you might wonder how strong your aversion is to the demon rum spread out before you. It's certain to happen sometime.

It can go either way, depending on your resolve. Some need to avoid restaurants with bars and beer-swilling buddies. Others aren't tempted -- for now, at least..

Hair, Man, Salon, Hairdresser, HaircutSomeone at A.A. last week compared it to going to a barbershop: If you go you will probably get a haircut. So if you want long hair, I guess you better avoid places with razors and scissors.





Comments