Faith Can Move Mountains But Can't Put Out Fires

"Faith, without works, is dead."

How Was It Started royalty free stock imagesLuke was awakened from a deep sleep by his son.

"Dad, I smell smoke!"

"It must be a bad dream. I don't smell anything. Go back to bed."

The son couldn't go back to bed because flames and smoke filled the hall.

"Dad! Wake up! The house is on fire!" he called back over his shoulder.

Luke stayed in bed and prayed. "God, you know I have faith in you. I love you and you love me. Nothing can happen without your will, as long as my faith is strong. I have great hope and believe in you."

The boy escaped safely outside because he took action. Luke coughed, gagged, and was consumed by flames.

Moral of the story: Faith, without works, is dead. See also my blog post on March 6.

Comments