Drinking To Become Uncomfortably Numb

I heard this Pink Floyd song during my bleak college days. I wished it were true, but it didn't apply to me. Not then.


Photo of Roger WATERS and Rick WRIGHT and PINK FLOYD and Nick MASON and David GILMOUR : News PhotoNot until I was about 50 or so. That's when I made it, I thought: "I had become comfortably numb." I drank beyond being comfortably numb. I blacked out. I lost control. I was blessed through my first 50 years. Then one by one, the things in my life I cherished, that had made me feel blessed, eroded until I was left with depression and anxiety.

And alcohol.

"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Live 8 London - Stage : News PhotoOut of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown;
The dream is gone.

I have become comfortably numb."

Thanks to God for giving me my feeling back.

Comments