My Church Had an Entrance With an Exit in the Back

Church was a big part of my life growing up. God wasn't.

Part of a church stock imagesI have learned that both can exist without the other. Now I don't go to church. But I do have God in my life.

As I said yesterday, I am going through the testimonials in the back of the Big Book. A passage from "The Missing Link" describes the link that I used to be missing in my life as well:

"Following this spiritual path made a major difference in my life. It seemed to fill that lonely hole that I used to fill with alcohol. My self-esteem improved dramatically, and I knew happiness and serenity as I had never known it before, I started to see the beauty and usefulness in my own existence, and tried to express my gratitude through helping others in whatever ways I could. A confidence and faith entered my life and unraveled a plan for me that was bigger and better than I could have ever imagined."

I passed along this message at my A.A. meeting a little while ago. I felt God was telling me to say it just as he led me to write this. That's what the author of the above quote meant when he described a "spiritual path." Follow it and see what a difference it will make in your life, too.

Comments