Thanks Should Be Given All Days by All of Us

Family Dinner, Dinner, Party, EatingHappy Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for.

One gratitude is, of course, for the gift of sobriety. This is my second sober Thanksgiving since drinking became a problem for me. I was sober other Thanksgivings, but drinking before and after caused problems on those other days.

I am thankful for every day I don't drink. I have to be thankful for fear of complacency and relapse. Faith in God brought me to this point and I can never let my faith waver.

If you are reading this on Thanksgiving, may God bless you with the joy that comes from sobriety. If you are reading this on one of the other 364 days, give thanks to God for whatever it is you have to be thankful for on this day. Even active drinkers should have a long list of gratitudes. God loves us all the same.

Comments