Shout it from the Rooftops -- And the Keyboard

Why do I bother writing this blog? Does anyone read it? Does anyone care? Does publishing about my alcoholism bring others to judge me with scorn?
I believe God led me to start this blog, and that many if not all my posts here are inspired by Him. Therefore, if waving my alcoholism flag for all to see brings me any shame, I can get over it knowing God is using me to save one -- maybe many -- from the demon rum.

One of the early A.A. pioneers said it well in the Big Book, page 253:

Bullhorn, Communication, Female, Girl, Human, Megaphone"If I go around shouting from the rooftops about my alcoholism, it might very possibly prevent me from getting a good job. But supposing that just one (person) died because I had, for selfish reasons, kept my mouth shut? No. I was supposed to be doing God's will, not mine. His road lay clear  before me, and I'd better quit rationalizing myself into any detours. I could not expect to keep what I had gained unless I gave it away."

So here: I give it away to you!

Comments