Breaking News: God Loves Democrats and Republicans the Same

The Trump impeachment hearings began today. I have an observation, but I'll do my best to keep my own brush strokes out of the picture. I have strong views on the subject, but you wouldn't nor shouldn't care.

These hearings are a waste of taxpayer dollars because they won't change anyone's opinion. Both sides have their minds made up about the outcome. They come into it with a point of view they will use to judge any of the testimony. They dismiss opposing opinions and clamp onto words that reflect their point of view.

I have opinionated Facebook friends who accept only rhetoric that backs their opinion, while calling anything else a lie. John attacks often:

Under Trump
There is no ally we will not abandon
There is no promise we won’t break
There is no treaty we won’t abrogate
There is no dictator we won’t bow to
There is no honor
There is no civil justice
There are no equal rights
Make America Great Again?
Not so much...

Cheryl fights right back:

Today's Democrats.. following Hitler's rule.
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and text

My point is that we all view the world and our own lives through different glasses, and our prescriptions change along the way. When I drank, I knew who was responsible, and it wasn't me. Drinking was my own business, and if someone thought that was wrong, then they were the ones who were wrong. Drinking didn't harm my health, because I didn't start until I was middle-age, not age 14 like some other people.

My, my, my. I am so glad I changed glasses. Now I see this world as God's creation, and I see me as someone who has a valuable place in that creation. So does John. So does Cheryl. So do all those politicians trying to advance their agendas and their careers by bashing those who disagree.

Comments