Did My Lips Sink Any Ships?

Hoo boy! What did I do last night? What did I say and to whom did I say it? The following is from a blog, My Life After AA, that I like. I left the run-on sentence in the second paragraph intact. LOL

"When we think about our active days of alcoholism how many times did we wake up the next morning worrying oh boy what did we say?  Were we guilty of those 'loose lips?' Probably more than we care to admit. We used to say mouth in gear brain in neutral which in the vernacular helps explain how our thoughts and actions and our mouths operated when the social lubricant, alcohol, roamed about freely in our bloodstream. Today we know better most of the time. Of course there will be exceptions now that we have joined the world of the earthlings but every now and then those “loose lips” may come back to bite us. Fortunately today we have our wits and can make immediate amends and are spared a longer embarrassment.  

"I am so grateful that my Higher Power has given me this gift of sobriety and there is not a day that goes by that I ever miss alcohol and I am sure if you are reading this it may not be the same for you but if you just give it time the enormity of the gifts of being sober will be beyond your wildest dreams. I guarantee you that."

Comments