Reaching Out Could Save a Life

From Faces & Voices of Recovery discussion group:

Austin W. Wynn is at Never Alone Recovery.

August 25 at 5:23 PMMunster, IN

If you know someone who's struggling, then reach out to someone who can help them.... Addiction is almost certain death. If you know something, be brave enough to say something.
Odds are they can't help themselves....
I know I needed intervention from those who Loved me and held me dear. I needed someone to step in because I was far beyond my depth. I was so consumed by how much I've destroyed mine and everyone else's lives that I didn't consider myself worth saving. But my parents did. My sister did. My grandma and uncles and aunts did....
My family was willing to make the hard choice FOR me. Because of their courage, I have the privilege of experiencing the following:
I started a family. I'm a homeowner. I run a business and employ other recovering addicts. I have a son that I can care for and love with all my heart. I'm soon to be married to the most wonderful and kind woman I've ever met. I get to spend enjoyable time with my family. I have the opportunity to participate in helping others find recovery and families find peace. I'm soon to open an addiction treatment center with some awesome individuals. I have the opportunity every day to be whomever I please, BECAUSE an intervention saved my life.
I get to be everything I never thought I would.

Comments