What Is Your Passion in Life?

What is your passion?

Me, I have several: family, Pirates, Steelers, Penguins, Louisville women's basketball. And my latest passion: helping alcoholics find God and recover.

That latter passion is what happened to me. I have no desire whatsoever to drink. God is guiding my life, not me anymore.

Let me return to The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren: "As you grow closer to him, he will give you a passion for something he cares about deeply so you can be a spokesman for him in the world. It may be a passion about a problem, a purpose, a principle, or a group of people. Whatever it is, you will feel compelled to speak up about it and do what you can to make a difference." (Emphasis added)

I figure God isn't cheering for those teams I said I am passionate about. But He certainly cares about the last one: "helping alcoholics find God and recover." That's why I started this blog and part of the reason I attend A.A. meetings several times a week. I trust God will link me to someone He wants me to help whenever the time is right.

Who knows? Maybe I have helped someone by something I've said or something I've written. Maybe God will lead me to do His will and guide someone to sobriety in the future. Maybe I will know I've helped; maybe I'll never know.

I simply trust God and keep my passions burning.

Comments