Watch Out!

I have a Fitbit watch. It counts the number of steps I take, measures my heart rate, keeps time when I exercise, and tells me how to relax for two minutes at a time. I can go on line to my Fitbit app and see how many calories I have burned today. Let's see.... As of 3:04 p.m., I have taken 4,964 steps, walked 2.4 miles, and consumed 1,587 calories. I think Fitbit also can tell me how many people I made mad, but I haven't figured that one out yet.

Every night at midnight, everything goes back to zero and I start all over again.

Abstaining from alcohol works the same way. Okay, so I didn't drink today. At midnight I have to start over. It's great now at 3:08 that I haven't taken a drink. Wise people take life one day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.

Now that I have gone one year, two months, and 14 days without drinking, I feel like each minute and each day are easier. But I can't let down. I can't get over-confident. Today: yeah, okay. But at midnight, my watch and I go back to square one.

Comments