God Is Watching Me Even When My Wife Isn't

My daughter has this hanging in her living room:



I like it! Sometimes it seems as though God is silent, like He has left us on our own. That never happens.

This is from The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren (https://pastorrick.com/): "When God seems distant, you may feel that he is angry with you.... It is a test of faith -- one we all must face: Will you continue to love, trust, obey, and worship God, even when you have no sense of his presence or visible evidence of his work in your life? ... God is always present, even when you are unaware of him...."

In my drinking days, there were times I didn't feel like God was anywhere around me. Same with my wife. She was someplace else. I figured I could buy booze and have just a little drink, and neither God nor my wife would ever find out.

The reality was that I was partly right -- my wife was with me, and both my wife and God found out I was sneaking drinks again. Then one of them dumped my bottle down the sink. Guess which of them it was.
wasn't with me. The rest of my thinking was dead wrong. God

Comments