Turn Your Problems and Your Smile Upside-Down.

Drinking too much causes more problems than we can shake a Schlitz at. If you haven't turned that problem around yet, I hope you find comfort in the knowledge that your higher power is with you all the time. Trust me on that.

I mentioned The Purpose Driven Life previously (https://pastorrick.com/). My beliefs don't mesh with author Rick Warren's Biblical and Christian beliefs (I think both have flaws), but much of what he wrote I highlighted and underlined.

Maybe you can identify with this passage from the book: "Problems (like alcoholism) force us to look to God and depend on him instead of ourselves.... Everything that happens to you has spiritual significance. Everything! Romans 8:28-29 explains why: 'We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.'"

Sobriety is all about God. If you haven't let God in yet, explore how you can open that door. A.A.'s Twelve Steps require spirituality all the way through. Your higher power can take on whatever attributes work for you. You don't have to be "born again." You don't have to memorize Bible verses. You don't have to go to church. But if those things help you, by all means do those things.

My God is in everyone through the collective unconscious, theorized by psychiatric genius Carl Jung (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung.) Let God, or whatever you call it, into your life and sobriety can happen. It happened for me. I'm a poster child for this miracle.

Comments