I Gave God Part of Myself; Then I Gave Him My Closet

J.T.: Thanks for the analogy you shared with me today. God put us together so that I could pass it along on my blog site. It's not exactly the way you told it, but my readers will get the point anyway.

At one time, I had trouble accepting God and putting Him first. My life was so confused I knew I needed to give my life to Him if I was going to turn things around.

I started by giving God my house and all it contained. I stood in the living room: "God, my living room is yours." I went into the kitchen: "God, my kitchen is yours."

And so on. "God, my bathroom is yours." "God, my dining room is yours." "God, my study is yours." But when I came to my closet, I found I couldn't give it to God. After all, I needed something to still be mine. "Please, God. My closet is where I keep all my secrets. All my character defects, all my mistakes, all I've ever done wrong I keep locked in this closet. I can't give you everything. Can I???"

My life remained confused and messed up. When I could stand it no longer, I went to God again. "God, I surrender to you totally: my living room, my bedroom, my kitchen, my bathroom, my dining room, my study. And here, God. Please take my closet and all it contains. You now have everything. You have my entire life. Show me how to do Your will and I will do it."

That closet unlocked, the door swung open, and my life has never been the same since.

Comments