A Sober Move to Kentucky

This is the last time I can write for about a week and a half. I am flying tomorrow for northern Idaho, where I will help my sister and her husband load a rental truck and drive to Louisville. They will live with us until they get back on their feet and recover from their financial debacle.

My sister had cancer a few years ago and is still recovering from that plus some other ailments. Her husband has been working night shift at a boys' home far up a mountain and making little money. My family has been on their case for years to move back closer to "home," which is western Pennsylvania. Kentucky will be close enough.

Tell me how I could pull this stunt off and help them if I was still drinking? Could I last the whole time without a drink? Or would I have to have a nip now and then and drive drunk? Maybe just a little bit drunk, I would tell myself.

Instead, I have been stone cold sober for more than a year; therefore, I can help my sister and brother-in-law start a new life. I'm sure this is what God wants for us all.

Comments