When the Time Is Right God Will Act

A few days ago, I blogged that patience is the will to wait. I have a will to wait, but when I have to go to the bathroom, my will weakens.

Queen sings:

I want it all;
I want it all;
I want it all;
And I want it NOW.

Sometimes, "now" isn't the right time. God knows that at certain times, things don't fit "now." He tells us to wait. Boise Cascade laid me off from the best job I ever had up till then. I wanted to stay in Boise, but God kept saying no. He said no to several jobs I interviewed for. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to support my young family. When the time was right, I landed a job in Washington state, where I was successful and made many wonderful friends.

There are times when things don't fit for us, and we wonder why. I prayed for help to be sober, but I kept drinking. Not until I lost my part-time jobs and met good people and, later, sponsors to help me, did God lead me to sobriety.

Why didn't God answer my prayers sooner? I dunno. But eventually, it all worked out for the best. Now it's up to me to be God's tool and help others when their time is right.

I need to be patient with those alcoholics -- and with God. When the time is right, they too will learn what God taught me: Be patient. He knows when the time is right.

Comments