Some Words of Wisdom From A.A. Meetings: Part 1

I carry a notepad and pen to every A.A. meeting  I attend. I write down the words of wisdom I don't want to forget. Some are maybe quotes plagiarized from others that people want to share. Anyway, here are a few gems from my notes, some dating back to 2015:

"You can't fix stupid with duct tape."

"There's a door between God and me. The only doorknob is on my side. It's up to me to open the door and let Him in."

"Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

"You can't think your way to better action; you have to act your way to better thinking."

"I used to judge myself by my commitments. Everyone else judged me by my actions."

"Don't look back. You can only change the present, not the past." On  a related note: "We can visit the past, but we can't live there." And one more:
"Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery. Live only in the present."

(Clinging to a past I couldn't repeat was a major cause of my drinking problem. Try Googling "Mindfulness" if you can only look in the rearview mirror.")

"God is good medicine, but you have to take the cap off the bottle."

Comments