We Are Living in "The Age of Miracles"

"Do you believe in miracles?!?"

Al Michaels was talking about the US team of young amateur boys beating the professional Russian soldiers in Olympic hockey in 1980.

How about you? Do you believe in miracles? A pickup truck often parked at my home group A.A. meetings has a bumper sticker that says simply, "Miracles Happen."

I'm a miracle. And so are you. Page 153 of the Big Book says:

"It may seem incredible that these men are to become happy, respected, and useful once more. How can they arise out of such misery, bad repute, and hopelessness? The practical answer is that since these things have happened among us, they can happen with you. Should you wish them above all else, and be willing to make use of our experience, we are sure they will come. The age of miracles is still with us. Our own recovery proves that!"

I never heard a burning bush speak, changed water into wine, or brought life to the dead. But I have seen miracles. They come in the form of little things: a child recovers from cancer, a passenger in an auto rollover walks away, I find seemingly right words to comfort an alcoholic who has relapsed "30 times." I see another miracle in the mirror every day I abstain from alcohol.

Look for miracles. They are all around you every day. For each one you witness, thank God and ask that His will be done.

Comments