God May Be Found Though Kermit's Kinfolks

Tom at A.A. recently confessed. Not to a priest. Far from it. He admitted to us that he once was an agnostic.

I keep getting "agnostics" confused with "atheists." An agnostic is a person who holds the view that God is unknown and probably unknowable. An atheist doesn't believe in God. Or any gods. Period.

So back to Tom, who converted from agnosticism one day. He said he was at the club where we hold A.A. meetings several times a day. He strolled beyond the parking lot to the large, grass-and-tree-filled land. "God, do you exist?"

Just asking the question shows his heart was open to finding God. A higher power is essential to escaping alcoholism. See Step 2.

Tom stood and listened. "I heard a frog. Then another. Then I heard lots of frogs. I came back to the meeting and told them, 'I found God! He is a frog!"

Many of us find God in nature. I don't think he is nature, but he can certainly be found there. Tom doesn't worship frogs, but he found a higher power through a ribbet. Where you find God doesn't matter, as long as you keep your ears, eyes, and heart open to Him.

Comments