There's No Place Like Home -- If You Don't Drink

This weekend I was left home alone. Sadly, no burglars tried to get in, but I had a great booby-trapping scheme worked out just in case.

My wife took her mother and our older daughter to home-town Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, for our niece's baby shower. I was all alone with money! Enough for two large bottles of cheap hooch or one bottle of the good stuff.

The money is still in my wallet. That wouldn't have happened in the past. In a few minutes, I am leaving to watch the #4 Louisville women's basketball
team play Pitt. I haven't missed a game so far. In every other season, I was too drunk to go to a few of the games.

This feels so good! Trust me on this one. Sobriety changes one's life if that one hasn't experienced it in a long time. I am glad I was trusted to stay at home alone. And I am glad to be able to go to the game today. Go Cards!

Comments