Slowly I Turned, Step By Step, Inch By Inch...

Milestones are important markers that tell us how far we have come.

"Milestones were originally stone obelisks -- made from granite, marble, or whatever local stone was available -- and later concrete posts. They were widely used by Roman Empire road builders and were an important part of any Roman road"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milestone#Roman_Empire

We recognize milestones along our road to recovery. Thursday, my friend Judy celebrated her 11-year milestone. This week I made it to six months. At last, I got my blue chip! But only six months? Judy celebrated her own six months before she could  make it to 11 years, so I am inspired to keep working my program.

Six months is highly significant to me on my never-ending road to sobriety. It marks the farthest I have ever traveled without slips and relapses ever since I first suspected I had a problem with alcohol.

My milestone tells me how far I have come -- one day and one mile at a time.

Comments