"Right Now" Is a Happy Place To Be

[First published on May 14, 2018]

One of my character defects that led me to become addicted to alcohol was my longing for the past. I had a great life that eventually soured. I lost most of what I had lived for. Or so it seemed to me.

I learned in group at Better Alternative Counseling (https://www.facebook.com/Better-Alternative-Counseling-117661414962309/) that I needed to live in the moment. I couldn't return to the past, and I couldn't plan my way into someday getting back all I had "lost."

Live in the moment!

Here is a video that explains why living in the  moment is a healthy way of being. It lasts 4:16.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci4Wg6MFcT4

I rounded up a few quotes (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/live-in-the-moment) you may find inspirational:

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.” 

― A.A. Milne




“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” 

― Henry David Thoreau


“You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is...now.”

 ― Jay AsherThirteen Reasons Why


“Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” 

― Mandy HaleThe Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass



“Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” 

― Charles M. SchulzCharlie Brown's Little Book of Wisdom

Comments