Testing Testing One Two Three

This past week has been a real beaute for me. My father-in-law died. I got a flat tire and needed my car towed to get it replaced. My cell phone died, and not all my settings, data, and contacts transferred to my new phone. Today is day 10 without a furnace with nighttime temperatures in the 30s and 40s. When I get the furnace fixed, the cost is estimated at $1,400.

I  could use a stiff drink, followed by a loss of control, a blackout, a wife explosion, and a hangover that leaves me with the same original problems.

Instead, I choose faith in God. "When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life. Even the smallest incident has significance for your character development. Every day is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God. Some tests seem overwhelming, while others you don't even notice. But all of them have eternal implications.

"The good news is that God wants you to pass the tests of life, so He never allows the tests you face to be greater than the grace he gives you to handle them. The Bible says '...at the time you are put to the test, He will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.'" (The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren, http://purposedriven.com/books/pdlbook/

I have to leave now to see my dermatologist. Will I be diagnosed with skin cancer -- again? God will get me through anything.

Comments