No Carry-On Baggage Allowed Tonight

My younger daughter flew in on Thursday following a training trip to New Orleans. When she left her home in Colorado Springs, she didn't expect a stopover in Louisville. She arrived with a suitcase of dirty clothes, which she immediately washed at my house.

With her clothes cleaned, she was able to move on and enjoy her visit. She took care of yesterday's baggage, which is what we all need to do daily, metaphorically speaking.

Going back to A.A.'s Daily Reflection from October 5, "I have more than enough to handle today, without dragging along yesterday's baggage too. I must balance today's books, if I am to have a chance tomorrow. So I ask myself if I have erred and how I can avoid repeating that particular behavior. Did I hurt anyone, did I help anyone, and why? Some of today is bound to spill over into tomorrow, but most of it need not if I make an honest daily inventory."

That leads us to A.A.'s Step 10, which I try to follow at the end of every day. No matter how tired I might be, I have to leave behind the day's baggage. "Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

Comments