Mission Impossible Now is Possible

Heather      King"Was I being groomed for some special mission? What possible purpose could an existence like mine serve? When I wasn't drinking in crappy bars, I was home by myself reading: a life that was achingly lonely, and yet perversely designed to prevent anybody from ever getting close enough to really know me. -- Heather King, Parched

That was me, all right! I discovered that quote online today. (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/sobriety)  " What possible purpose could an existence like mine serve?" That's not a rhetorical question, but one I asked myself regularly. I didn't have an answer. but I had another drink to try to find one. Guess what? That never worked!"

It wasn't until I tried sobriety that I found my answer. "Got never wastes a hurt! In fact, your greatest (reason for living) will likely come out of your greatest hurt.... Who could better help an alcoholic recover than someone who fought that demon and found freedom." (Rick Warren, The Purpose-Driven Life, https://www.amazon.com/PURPOSE-DRIVEN-LIFE-mega-church-purpose-driven/dp/B000JNO8ME/ref=sr_1_7/143-1425771-6235516?ie=UTF8&qid=1539374766&sr=8-7&keywords=pastor+rick+warren)

I hate long links. But I digress.  

I have discovered the purpose my life serves. It is to help others and to do God's will. I can't do either passed out on the couch. Thank you, God, for rescuing me. This blog is one way for me to fulfill my purpose. Please help me by passing this short link to lead others to my blog posts: https://corkingthebottle.blogspot.com/ 

Comments