Joy Is More Than Dish Soap

I will be brief this morning because I am about to take a seven-hour drive to visit Mom and one, maybe two, of me three sisters. (The third lives in northern Idaho.) My family and extended family (that includes all my inlaws) have all been important through my childhood and adult growth. They all know and experienced my drinking problem. They love me just the same.

Here is a passage I highlighted in Choose Joy by Kay Warren (https://kaywarren.com):

"God is the only true source of joy. God will be there when all else is shaking. He will be there when the people you love let you down or leave you or die. He will be there when the place you thought would make you happy doesn't satisfy any longer. He will be there when the possession is lost or gets broken. He will be there when your position changes or is given to someone else. H
e will be there when your personality just isn't enough."

May He be with you today and every day.

Comments

Post a Comment