A Death in the Family And I Am Staying Sober

My father-in-law passed away a couple hours ago. He took me fishing and to sports events in Pittsburgh, even before I started dating his daughter. He has been like a father to me, particularly after my birth father died 29 years ago. Karl hasn't been well for a while, so this is sort of a good-news-bad-news story.

If I hadn't stayed sober since May, this would be a good excuse to drink. "Excuse" is certainly the right word. I thank God I am sober and untempted, and can be a source of strength to my mother-in-law, my wife, and her sister.

This would be a good chance to get drunk. It's an even better chance to stay sober.

Comments

  1. So very true. Stay strong Dan, your family is certainly blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment