Where to Find the Voice of Reason

I don't hear voices in my head. Oh yea, there's the one that says, "Come on! You can drink. You will get away with it. One drink never hurt anyone." That voice has been silenced. Now I hear God.

As I said, I don't hear voices in my head. But sometimes, there's some kind of something I can't ignore. At A.A. today, I spoke of the silenced voice. It is replaced with Joy. Joy comes only with God, from God, and through God. I thought I was happy before. I was. Sometimes. But happiness is a mood and, by definition, moods change. Happy comes but goes.

Joy, however, comes from having a true relationship with God. Joy is forever. I can't describe the difference between happy and joyous. It's just something I feel. Even when bad things happen, my Joy remains intact because God inside me tells me everything will be all right. That is real, God-given Joy. Listen for it,

My favorite song ever, Stairway to Heaven, explains: "And if you listen very hard the tune will come to you at last." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnu1E5Kslighttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnu1E5Kslig)

The inner voice is kind of like a tune. It guides and inspires me.

Neale Donald Walsch in his book Conversations With God, imagines God is speaking to him. God says, "Yet the greatest reminder (of those who guide you) is not anyone outside you, but the voice within you. This is the first tool that I (God) use, because it is the most accessible. The voice within is the loudest voice with which I speak, because it is the closest to you." (https://www.thriftbooks.com/series/conversations-with-god/92069/?mkwid=s|dc&pcrid=263432259788&pkw=&pmt=b&plc=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImJz_7v2N3QIVEJ7ACh2jcwmwEAAYAiAAEgKFDfD_BwE)

Listen. But be sure you hear the right voice, the voice of love and not fear.

Comments