Hear ye, hear ye! I Made a Confession

At last, I came out of the closet yesterday. No, not that closet. I have been married -- to a woman -- for 41 years.

My closet is filled with empties. I finally worked up the courage to tell my 400-plus Facebook friends that I am a recovering alcoholic. I shared the address of this website in hopes of reaching more people who need reached. I received many positive responses so far. I feel like I am loved, even by people I went to school with and haven't seen in decades. Thank you, dear friends.

If you, like me, have been timid about admitting an addiction problem, I would urge you to come clean, based on my experience. I figured if someone doesn't understand my disease and wants to pass judgement against me, that is no big loss. I pray for them and hope alcoholism never darkens their family's doorstep.

If this is your first time reading my blog, I refer you to the last post I wrote yesterday. It tells my story of how I fell victim to the booze bottle. Prayers for you, my reader.

Comments