In the Driver's Seat -- Part 3

I asked what drives your life. Rick Warren in The Purpose-Driven Life (https://www.churchsource.com/rickwarren) suggests five drivers that often distract us from what really should be driving our lives. Yesterday it was anger and resentment. Today:

Fear -- "Fears may be a result of a traumatic experience, unrealistic expectations, growing up in a high-control home, or even genetic predisposition." In my case as an adolescent, the fear that drove me was a fear of rejection. That's what kept me from asking girls to go out with me. I was afraid my life would be ruined if a girl told me "No." So I stood back and watched my friends be brave. While they were in the game, I was on the sidelines feeling alone. Whatever fear may drive you, it causes you to miss out on opportunities. You decide not to take risks and hope everything will turn out all right.

"Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be."

Comments