Thank You, Humans! Thank You, God!

"That's gratitude for ya!"

I've heard that a lot and maybe said it myself at least once or 99 times. These days I am working on not expecting gratitude. If I go out of my way for someone, I do it out of love and caring, not recognition.

The other side of this nickel is being sure to express my gratitude to others, even for the little things. When someone lets me out into the traffic flow, I wave my gratitude. I was treated to lunch today, and I certainly thanked my host.

If you read my first entry to this blog, you will see that I lost my gratitude to God. I expected Him to go easy on me. Styx sang, "I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high." That was me. I forgot it wasn't my brains or beauty that made my life so comfortable. It was God.

I lost a lot from those days past, including my sobriety. Now I thank God for sun when it's sunny, rain when it's raining, and a day of sobriety when I don't drink. Today's A.A. Daily Reflection finishes: "When I remember my gratitude list, it's very hard to conclude that God is picking on me."(https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/daily-reflection)

Comments