Talking and Listening to God

I shared with my A.A. home group members today that I started this blog. I explained I felt I had heard God speak to me and tell me writing these posts would help me and help others. God's suggestion came as a bump in the night -- except it was daytime and I was sitting in the sunlight on the back porch. Nevertheless, trust me: It went bump.

I pray. But more important, I have conversations with God throughout the day. Sometimes it's to express gratitude for something, sometimes is to ask for health and safety of loved ones.... Heck, sometimes it's even to ask for health and safety of strangers when they drive like maniacs.

By speaking to God, I can hear His will for me. Sometimes. I ask daily for Him to let me know His will, then help me carry it out. That's what led me to start this blog.

When I was a wee little lad, I had an invisible playmate named Loodie. It just occurred to me that maybe Loodie was really God. Hmmm. It's worth me considering this new idea. She was so real to me that one day my mom got mad and took Loodie from the table and threw her outside. I cried until Mom went to the backyard and carried Loodie back in.

Try it. Talk to God as a friend. Maybe He will be your own Loodie.

Comments