Baseball, Summer Nights, and -- What Is Missing?

This is a big day for me. I am going to Cincinnati to watch my Pirates play the Reds. I grew up near Pittsburgh and, although I moved away a long time ago, I remain loyal to its sports teams.

I have seen lots of games in Cincinnati, mostly when Pittsburgh is in town. The beer is too expensive to tempt me (It was like $8 a shot last year), but I miss a cold beer on a hot day while watching baseball. Those were relaxing and stress-relieving days.

I got addicted to Devil's Distilled Drinks, not beer. But I am told that beer will lead to the same consequences that the hard stuff does. It is unfortunate I have to give up beer with baseball. I just hope I am wise enough to understand that it's better to give up beer (even on $1 beer night) than my liver. This evening I will concentrate on baseball with a clear mind. Beat 'em Bucs!

Comments